NCI Instructor Trainer
Education: Elon University
1989-1993 Bachelor of Arts
Elon Homes for Children 1993-1996 Director/ Girl's Mental Health unit
Wraparound Inc.1996-1998 QP/HR Rep, Agency Trainer for a CAP/MRDD agency
Lindley Habilitation 1998- CEO
Protective Intervention Instructor 1995-2001
NCI Instructor 2001-2006
NCI Instructor Trainer 2007-
Red Cross Instructor 1997-
I am not currently taking any new instructors, to find an Instructor Trainer in your region click on link
Instructor Trainer List
New Address: 4214 Beechwood Dr, Suite 101, Greensboro 27410
New- Memo from Division on Children and Restraint requirements
Instructor Re certification Classes
- Classes are listed below for NCI
instructor re certification dates.
- Prevention only instructors must attend one
- Each Core and Core plus instructor must attend 2 re certification class
dates during their month of certification. One date is considered a co teaching date and the second date is
considered a Testing date.
- Instructors are required to bring their Instructor
Manual for co teaching purposes.
- Instructors must have taught a minimum of one class in the previous year, and have turned in Training report(s) to NCI Instructor trainer within 2 business days of each class.
- Prevention co teaching is at the beginning of each certification date. (1 hour)
- The second date for Core and Core
plus instructors will start after the Prevention Co teaching test period. (Come
1 hour later on the second date: (Example if class is from 9-11, come at 10 if attending second date)
- Instructors are required to visit this site monthly for updates and re certification dates
- Prices are subject to change with out prior notification, Instructors will be invoiced at class time.
Re certification Costs
Annual Certification cost and
supervisory costs are currently 100.00 annually (This price includes testing for two planned days, maintenance of personnel file, tracking and review of Training reports, and supervisory support.
Costs do not include in service training requirements imposed as needed by the Division.
For Instructors who cannot attend
a planned re certification date and require an additional date, an additional
50.00 charge, will be charged per day not listed as a planned certification
date. Each month has 3-4 dates listed.
Any further questions should be
sent to Neil@lindleyhabilitation.com
or by Phone (336) 8484654
Information for Initial Instruction
North Carolina Intervention (NCI) Prerequisites: Current NCI certification
as a participant and reference letter from certifying instructor in North
North Carolina Intervention (NCI) Prevention only:
Retraining and instruction on how to teach the Part A/ Prevention curriculum
Policy and Procedure
Minimum of 3 co-teaching days
North Carolina Intervention (NCI) Prevention and NCI Core only:
North Carolina Intervention (NCI)
Prevention, NCI Core and NCI Core Plus:
Course Content Overview, (This is copywritten material and not permitted for private use, Content is only shown to give agencies a better understanding of material presented at each level of instruction.
Course Content overview NCI Click to enter
email Neil Lindley at Neil@lindleyhabilitation.com
with any further questions.